Welcome to my third blogging experience...created in order to keep my other blogs free of my crazy rantings. This space will be dedicated to the day to day trials and tribulations of motherhood and life in general...as well as the experiences that come with trying to rediscover the many basics of life that have been lost to the constant hullabaloo and cookie cutter mentality that has become the 21st century.

I am a proud mama to our first born, Gracie, who waits for us in Heaven, and her very lively little sister, Jenna. I am a semi-crunchy mama who works full time outside of the home. If you come here to read, expect to find posts related to cloth diapering, breast feeding, homemade baby food, organics, cooking and recipes, day care & working outside the home, baby wearing, natural childbirth, general fitness, general nutrition, environmental topics, etc.


Feel free to ask questions, share valuable information that you might have or share your thoughts and/or opinions. Please do not come here to attack the things that I believe or the way I live. I will respect your opinions as long as you respect mine, even if it means agreeing to disagree!! :-)



Monday, March 21, 2011

Extended Rear Facing

I wonder how many parents found themselves turning their carseats around today.  I was so happy this morning to see that the American Academy of Pediatrics has announced that they now recommend children remain rear-facing in their carseats until 2 years of age.  For more information on carseat recommendations, including today's announcement, click here.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I was very happy to see their official announcement, too! Cooper is still rear-facing at 16 months and will be until he reaches the height and weight limit for his seat...

Anonymous said...

This seems like a great idea, but what if the child has long legs and they are crunched by rear facing? I think this is a great idea. I just wonder about some children being able to fit that way that long.

MommyMarek said...

If they have long legs they can either sit cross-legged or bend their knees. I have seen another article about rearfacing that had a quote that left me numb. "Broken legs... cast it. Broken neck... casket". That sold me on the rearfacing. My child is off the charts for height, and if I had a choice between broken legs or a broken neck, well, you can all guess my choice! Yesterday was an important day for car seat safety! Thanks for posting!